The big boom
Technology and communications have really evolved over the past decades. Back then, we only had to rely on slow dial-up connections to the Internet and even then, 56kbps was already an impressive speed. Now, we have come to a point where we can browse the Internet for information and various data with minimal effort; simply connect to a wireless connection or a 3G signal from your phone and you are now online. Search engines like Google and Yahoo have made it easier for us to look up anything we want; whether it’s a listing of an antique item, a phone number of a pizza place downtown or even the common symptoms of a cold.
If you were to look at it from a business point of view, you may find yourself asking “Can I promote my business through search engines?”
The answer is YES; with the help of SEO or Search Engine Optimization.
What is SEO?
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing your websites in such a way that it meets the requirements of various search engines before they list your website’s URL on the first pages of its SERPs or Search Engine Results Page.
SEO is a good way to market your website, whether through various search engines or through building link popularity. The best part about SEO is that every website, whether it’s a small website for a local florist or a Fortune 500 company, has an equal chance of getting to the first page of Google.
Is it good for business?
Yes! It definitely is and I am going to give you three amazing reasons why.
- SEO is affordable: You can practically learn the different techniques and do it yourself, or you can opt to hire an outside SEO service provider. You can also outsource it to different individuals or companies who work with SEO services.
- SEO builds web presence: SEO involves certain processes which will help you boost your rankings on the search engines as well as build your website’s link popularity. Social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook have become a marketing hotspot for small and huge businesses. You can also write articles that are related to your business; if you run a home improvement store, you can write articles about home improvement. Article writing is also a very popular technique for building link popularity.
- SEO builds authority towards your website: Once your website builds enough presence, people will keep coming back to your website because you have built the reputation of providing decent information with your articles or excellent products that you have successfully marketed online.
If you’re a business owner and you have a website, I think it’s time for you to join the SEO bandwagon. Contact Smash Digital today to learn more.
More than 70% of online customers begin their quest for a particular product or service by using a search engine. If you’re a small business owner, you don’t want to miss out being associated with this massive audience on a global scale.The bottom line is that small business owners cannot pass up this kind of opportunity. Let me share with you how you can use search engines to drive ideal customers and clients to your business.
Small business owners probably have a small marketing budget for advertising, or this budget hardly exists at all. SEO is a magnificent opportunity for a small business because it’s free for you to take advantage of, assuming you know how to edit a few web pages.
One can find a variety of resources pointing to tools, lessons and even reference materials to simple and starting SEO.
Once a small business gets started with SEO, it provides them with a history of leads without any additional or recurring costs. Example, if you have an optimized website about being a PLUMBER IN SUSSEX, people will still be able to look you up online years from now; if you were to spend on newspaper/magazine advertising, your ad won’t run longer or they’ll only end up in the trash.
All in all, SEO is about driving free traffic to your business website; from qualified leads who are interested in your services, even those who haven’t heard of you yet. All that’s required of business owners is to have a little patience and passion to do this.
In the long run, a business owner may choose to consult with an SEO expert or with an affordable SEO firm to really maximize their marketing plans. Otherwise, there are a number of ways for a business owner to promote their business online.
Business owners don’t have any excuse not to be included in any local search engine directories, like Google Local. If one has a Google account, they can quickly submit their business’ profile and receive huge promotions.
This is not limited to just Google; most search engines allow local users to post their business in local directories respectively.
SEO is a vital process for any small business to succeed and generate clients and customers on a global scale; this kind of benefit is not possible through television and publication advertising without having to shell out a huge wad of cash.
SEO is a cost effective marketing strategy; cost effective being it costs absolutely free or at a minimal fee if you choose to consult with an expert.
Quality means everything
In the business world, quality means everything, and in order for you to succeed, you need to deliver the best products or services to your customers. On your end, you also need to rely on top-notch help from the best SEO company and other companies vital to your company’s success. However, a lot of people think that quality is often associated with money. It’s true that you need to pay more to get the best, but it doesn’t necessarily apply to everything.
Marketing on a global scale
The best SEO company or services have made it possible for small businesses all across the country to market their products and build their brand on a global scale. SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of optimizing a website or a blog so that it can rank better in the search engines. SEO has been around for years, and its underlying concept is that people are always looking for something on the Internet. In simpler terms, you use SEO so that these millions of people are able to find you on the search engines. For example, the keyword “weight loss” has approximately 11,000,000 searches every month, on average. If you sell weight loss products, you can use SEO to get your website or blog ranked for that particular keyword.
4 key principles of SEO companies
If you’re a small business owner and would like to market your products globally, then you may want to avail of some of the best SEO services in your area. There might be a couple of companies that offer these services, but let me point out the 4 key principles that can help you decide in choosing the best SEO company for you:
- Availability: Availability is the most important principle because this is where your business relationship starts to develop. At any given time, you may have certain questions about some of the services. A company’s availability to answer your inquiries is a good sign that they are always on the lookout to serve you better.
- Credibility: This is another important principle that defines an SEO company. SEO companies will always try to CLAIM that they are the best in the field or industry. The best SEO company is built on experience and satisfied customers. If you want to check how credible the company is, check the customer feedbacks and testimonials. Another good sign of credibility is that an SEO company will have a lot of clients who availed of their services time and time again.
- Confidentiality: For SEO companies, the Internet is their playground. You need to look for a company that values client confidentiality. You may end up working with a company that also has your competitors as their clients, so you need to make sure that your information is not shared to your competitors.
- Efficiency: The best SEO company will always look for alternative ways to help you solve your problems and build your business better. A company that thinks out of the box, just to help you, is a good sign that they value you as a client and a potential business partner.
Stand out from the rest
SEO is very competitive, and the best SEO company will go head to head against other companies just to stay ahead. When you find a company that has all these 4 key principles that I mentioned above, your business’ success is guaranteed.
The Internet is a goldmine of customers and leads
There are probably billions of people looking for something on the Internet and your business, product or service is one of them. With the help of an SEO agency, you can tap into this veritable goldmine of customers and leads and boost your sales through the roof. If you need to know, SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a series of processes and a collection of strategies designed to help your website rank on the first page of any search engine. It is the job of the SEO agency to know what people are looking for and strategically place your website right in front of them.
The great debate: DIY or Hire?
This has always been a business owner’s dilemma; to hire the services of an SEO agency or to do it themselves? There really is no harm in doing SEO all by yourself, provided that you have the right training and resources and you have the time to do so; SEO training materials and resources are available on the Internet so you can easily look them up and train yourself in the art of SEO. However, if you find that you can’t even spend an hour to optimize your website, then it’s time to ask help from an SEO agency or company.
Tips on hiring an SEO agency or company
The SEO industry is packed with thousands of SEO agencies and companies all across the world, with varying numbers of employees working for them. If you want to work with the best, then you need to know how to weed out the best from the rest:
- Compare the prices – SEO agencies will offer the same sets of services but at different prices. When it comes to SEO, quality beats quantity so try to look for services that can DO MORE for your company at a LESSER price.
- Compare testimonials – You’ll know that an SEO agency is a good one if it has a number of positive testimonials from its happy customers. Of course, testimonials are overrated because they can be exaggerated so sometimes, they can be misleading. The more positive feedback an SEO agency has, the better they are.
- Compare staff members – SEO agencies are composed of different employees with different job responsibilities. As much as possible, try to look for an agency with employees that are certified according to their job skills; for example, web developers working for SEO agencies may have Adobe or W3CS certifications.
- Get the one with better customer service – SEO is about building long-term business relationships with its customers. An agency that makes an effort to send you an update on how your website is doing should always be on top of your list.
Get the best results
SEO is a great marketing tool, especially for small business owners trying to promote their brand or services online. When you’re working with the best SEO agency, you are always guaranteed of top-notch service and quality of work.